A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and appears to be a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is due to the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is actually a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health and fitness benefits.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom has an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, based on research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immunity mechanism through the creation of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capacity to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus increasing the accuracy of the defense mechanisms in addressing invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergic reactions by helping the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot fight against its cells. In the event that reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in reduction of immunity mechanism hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of a serious hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom enhances the immune system when needed and minimize it when it is hypersensitive.
3. A strong antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses because they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in cutting infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop this process that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an essential part of fighting bacterial infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is essential to fight the bacteria that may cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation in the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can lead to inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the effects of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a vital role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga provides the highest quantity of antioxidant potency in comparison with any other food. The top quantities of antioxidants result from the high level of polyphenols within the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, our prime quantities of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive effects of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the factors behind ulcers is bacteria. Being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers in the digestive system reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts in the mushroom are necessary in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or a glass of tepid to warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder thirty minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a factor that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots within the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly lead to diseases like cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the potential risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is vital in soothing blood vessels during times of irritation. Such property is important in cases of pain or conditions like neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing levels of insulin within the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance results in accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts slow down that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood sugar levels, which may otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels – Betulinic acid can break down the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from bloodstream, in addition to eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure.
11. Skin health – The massive amounts of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, make it an outstanding skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is a part of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin affords the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, enhances the skin’s health, rendering it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it towards the skin works well.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a wonderful source of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, an essential salt within the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals decbbe required for a proper gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it for any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can protect the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving feeling of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones in your body. In the case of stress, the body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. A balance of these hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to handle stress. As a well known adaptogen, Tongkat Ali Extract, assist to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It will so by improving the body reply to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance from the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the amount of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the amounts of acetylcholine enhances the cognitive performance of the individual.